Tuesday 5 February 2013

You Wish By Mandy Hubbard Review


SUMMARY

Kayla McHenry's sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla's secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin' do.
Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year's supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla's wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.
REVIEW

I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I LOVED this book so much that I feel like reading it all over again. The moment I started reading this book I knew I wouldn't stop until I get it over with and that is exactly what happened. You Wish touches on friendships, first love, families and growing up while still remaining true to yourself. One thing I loved is that Kayla has problems and is a pessimist at heart but she never whines and is always willing to learn. 

I found myself in a fit of giggles sooo many times. Ken buying his muscle milk at the health food store, kissing his biceps and buying tank tops in every color... Ann having a Cinnabon roll for the first time… the pony walking into the middle of a motocross event...I could go on and on. I completely ADORED Raggedy Ann. She was so hilarious.

All of the wishes and the characters were perfect. There was never a dull moment. It was really interesting to see how Kayla handled her past birthday wishes. Overall, I can’t recommend You Wish enough! It is the perfect girly read. It has an unforgettable premise and amazing writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment