Monday 31 March 2014

Review : Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter #2) By Vi Keeland


SUMMARY :

Meet Liv Michaels
It may have been seven years, but I’d know him anywhere. Sure, he’s grown, filled out in all the right places, but his captivating blue eyes and cocky grin are exactly the way I remember. Even though I’d much rather forget.

Liv Michaels is almost there. She’s smart, determined and weeks away from landing the job she’s dreamed about for years. Time healed old wounds, even her broken heart from the devastation of being crushed by her first love.

Meet Vince Stone
Women love a fighter, especially a good one. Lucky for me, I’m damn good. But there’s one woman that isn’t interested. Not again, anyway. 

Vince ‘The Invincible’ Stone is every woman’s fantasy…strong, sexy, confident and completely in control. Growing up surrounded by chaos, he’s learned never to get too attached. Love will drag you down. He adores women, treats them well, puts their own needs before his own…for the night anyway. With the biggest fight of his life coming up, his focus should be on training.


When fate brings Vince & Liv back together again, there’s no denying the chemistry is still there. But can Vince erase the old scars their past left behind? Or will Liv hurt him instead?

REVIEW :


I absolutely love Vi Keeland's writing style. She writes passion and emotion into every character and every page. Vinny's character intrigued me and broke my heart in Worth the Fight. I was pleasantly surprised at how Vi transported us into the future where Vinny is all grown up into a fiercely protective and loyal man. He stands by his mother who really didn't deserve it. He respects Nico who helped him change his life. But most of all he goes after what he wants. He want's a chance with Liv and he isn't going to give up. I loved how he showed her constantly how much he wanted her and even with some humor he kept their scenes sizzling with sexual tension.
Vinny had a big heart but never really opened it to a woman until Liv, once when they were too young to embrace it and now when they both want it so badly. There were some moments I wanted to knock him upside his head but he was an amazing character who left me wanting more of him and part of that was to heal his scars and enjoy his passionate personality in all areas of his life. Vinny exuded LIFE and it was amazing. 
I loved Liv, she didn't take crap and she also stepped up when she made mistakes. So many times she'd jump the the wrong conclusion and Vinny would set her straight and she'd apologize and they would move on. These two set the pages on fire and I only wished for more.

RATINGS: 4/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment