Sunday 31 March 2013

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) By Richelle Mead Review

SUMMARY

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

REVIEW

Richelle Mead - BEST AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!!

The Indigo Spell. Hmmmm where do I start??

With the third book we are now halfway through the series and things are starting to heat up.Everything about The Indigo Spell screams AWESUM. Sydney Sage is a wonderful character to watch grow. I loved her in this book. She discovers so many things not only about her world, but also about herself. It’s human and raw. Plus all the emotions that she goes through. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed reading through an emotional roller coaster as much as I have reading Sydney’s life. 

Adrian is flat-out, hands down wonderful. He’s no longer the man whose hands won’t do manual work, and he’s become the man who will do anything for Sydney. No matter how obscure the task, Adrian rises up to the challenge. He is protective, but he also realizes Sydney’s strength and trusts her to do what’s best. I am forever more impressed by Adrian, and although he is more mature, he still contains his ability to spout off lovely, witty comments that I’ll never tire of.

The world changes in The Indigo Spell. Mead brings things to another level of dark paranormal elements. She adds a little romance and some mystery. I truly enjoyed reading The Indigo Spell, with all of the jaw-dropping revelations. Mead’s writing style just compliments everything that has been going on with the story, and I have never had a dull moment. It’s paced nicely, allowing me to fully comprehend what’s going on.

Stunning as always, the writing flows with an ease that cannot be rivaled. The romance is perfect, perfect, perfect. Sydney and Adrian are always making new memories together. I loved Hopper and the pie scenes. AND spirit dreams are back! O how I missed thee. They are each other’s flame in the dark, and the understanding they have for each other is unparalleled. Seriously, these two make me so happy.

SOME OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES -


“Adrian's face was the picture of perfect politeness and restraint, meaning something disastrous was about to happen.” 


“Because I can't help doing it," he said with a shrug. "And hey, if I keep loving you, maybe you'll eventually crack and love me too. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're already half in love with me."
"I am not! And everything you just said is ridiculous. That's terrible logic."
Adrian returned to his crossword puzzle. "Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember-no matter how ordinary things seem between us-I'm still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will."
"I don't think you're evil."
"See? Things are already looking promising.” 



“We need to get inside. I think my hair gel’s frozen.” 


“But each time you use spirit, you’re more likely to go crazy.”
“Already crazy about you, Sage.” 



“Sydney, I saw your cousin punch a grown man and throw a speaker at someone. Do you really think I’m going to sign on for a job that makes her do work she doesn’t want to do? What if she gets frustrated at what I’m telling her? How do I know she won’t stab me with a compass?”


“But when I touch you, your aura … it smolders. The colors deepen, it burns more intensely, the purple increases. Why? Why, Sydney?” He used that hand to pull me closer. “Why do you react that way if I don’t mean anything to you?” There was a desperation in his voice, and it was legitimate.” 


“Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember - no matter how ordinary things seem between us - I'm still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment