Saturday 25 August 2012

Evernight By Claudia Gray Review



I liked this book. It was an interesting take on the vampire myth, and while vampires seem to be more invincible than I’d like them to be (only beheading and fire can kill them?), I was still interested.The vampire myth in this novel is quite different from some I have read. Bianca is born a vampire; she isn’t created. During the first part of the book, we don’t know this; we think Bianca is simply a human girl uprooted and deposited in a Gothic boarding school, but we come to find out that she knows all along what’s going on. It’s an interesting choice to hide this from the reading audience, especially since we’re in Bianca’s head during the novel.

By the end, the story had picked up and I couldn’t put the book down. I was turning page after page trying to figure out what was going to happen next. The tension is definitely in the second half of the book.

It was a refreshing change from certain other YA paranormal romances though.

No comments:

Post a Comment